Saturday, January 8, 2011

Wedding Makeup

I know it's early to think of these things, but alas, I am. I love makeup and color and stuff and I want to be sure I know exactly what I want for my wedding day. One of my dilemma's is if I'll still be a redhead. I used to be a brunette, I was for a very long time, even in our engagement pictures:
During the summer I decided I needed a change and went red. I LOVE it. I feel like it's very me. The only downfall is the upkeep. Dark roots showing the world I'm not a natural red, darn them! But luckily my hair gal is a friend of mine and an amazing magician with hair. She's seriously AWESOME. Shanyce at J Russell Salon in Palm Desert!
Anyway, so Dilemma #1: Brown or Red? On one had I miss my brown hair, it was healthier, curled better, was so EASY. I had the whole super pale skin, dark hair thing going haha. But I've been told numerous times that my hair red looks totally natural and I totally pull it off. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Okay, next to think/worry about. Makeup. Natural? Retro? Smokey eye? I'm slightly obssesd with blogger/youtube makeup GENIUS Kandee Johnson, her makeup tutorials are so awesome, I could watch them all day. She has a wedding one, that's a sort of smokey eye that I think is beautiful. I also like the video on fall makeup look A LOT. If you like playing with makeup, check her blog and videos out, I could watch them forever, they're awesome.
Well I have some time to think about it, so I'll have to start putting together ideas and looks for my hair and makeup, try them out and see what works!

No comments:

Post a Comment