Sunday, February 20, 2011

25 Hours

UGH. Yesterday was MADNESS! I woke up at 4am. I had an event in San Marcos with Audrey of Healthy Bites Dog Treats. It was supposed to rain all day so I was relaly Not looking forward to it. But luckily we got there and it turned out ok! We had a big booth, sold quite a bit of stuff, talked to lots of people and helped raise money to cure canine cancer! Yay!
Then Audrey and I drove back to the LA area, we went to Ikea and Joanns, which are always a good time. Then I dropped off Audrey around 6pm and drove to Hollywood. The Monkeys were playing! Got there a little late, around 8pm. Some really awesome bands played, Polaris At Noon, Vanity Theft, Hunter Valentine. I made some friends, danced around, drank some enrgy drinks. Finally a little after midnight, they came on stage! THE MONKEYS!!!! YAYYYY


I have a renewed love for Jackson. I mean really, could he be any cuter/adorable? Jeez la weez. They opeend with Ugly Girl and through the night played the monkey song, shy water, Reaper, Sleeping Giants, and a bunch of other awesomeness, including some new songs off their next album. I was bummed they didn't play Junkie or Made of Gold but I don't think they play those at shows very often


The show ended around 2am and I drove home. Traffic in Hollywood was ridiculous. I finally got home a little before 5am. I had been up for 25 hours and that last 30 minutes of getting home was ROUGH. But it was worth it! Amazing, show, can't wait for them to come back to LA again soon! I'm going to try to make it to their shows whenever they're nearby!

No comments:

Post a Comment