Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Wedding Planning = Brain Hurts



I'm very excited to get married. let's just put that out there. After almost 7 years now with B, I'm really super duper stoked that we're getting married. And I'm excited for the wedding too. Family, music, food, it's gonna be awesome. Paying for it....... not so much. I know the average wedding is something like $25,000. I can't even wrap my head around that, I kind of always thought my wedding would be like around $10K. As I'm doing research and looking into prices, that price is starting to look low. I love theknot.com's little budget helper doodlybob. You punch in your budget and guest total and it breaks it down where your precious moolah should go. I put in $10,000 and first thing is I apparently over spent on my venue.
Not that the Victorian Conrow Pitkin House isn't worth it (I love it and am ok with the decision) but that for my budget, we spent too much. First oops. And my dress that I was so stoked to get a deal on (40% off), yep over budget there too (only by $100 but still). Luckily we're DIYing as much as we possibly can so that will alter the budget a bit. I'm pretty sure food isn't going to be $3000. My best friends dad is BBQ Santa Maria Style and I think he said less that $10 per person. Sa-Weeeeet.
I think I just have been poor lately and the idea of saving for this wedding seems very daunting. And that B's parents are having a hard time booking the honeymoon because the place isn't finished being built I guess so whatever. Brain Hurts, Brain Hurts. Kind of like brain farts, except painful instead of funny. My stress shakes have returned in both my hand and leg. I need to just take it one day at a time and chill. riiiiiiiiight.

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand how BIG weddings feel - even if the guest lists aren't that big. It's all the expenses, and all for a day!
    But then I think, but I'll only get married once....

    ReplyDelete