Monday, November 29, 2010

A Grand Adventure

While B and I travelled to northern California for thanksgiving we had plenty of time to chat in the car. A good 9 hours of chatting just on the trip up :-) Luckily we also don't mind being quiet. But anyway, I told Brendan that we should move somewhere cool for a year. He said he thought that would be great but didn't think I would ever want to. When I asked why he replied that he didn't think I'd want to be far from my family. Which is totally true, I do have a hard time imagining being really far from my family but the more we talked about it, the more I really really want to do it. Obviously it won't be for a while, with the wedding and school and all. But I mean, B has amazing skills and I'm sure could get a job anywhere and I can do really anything, retail, serve, whatever. We could live in a small flat, learn to live leaner, just enjoy being in a new place, without a ginormous TV and a million computers and all the other CRAP we have. It makes me want to start getting rid of like everything we own. A yard sale might be in our future. England, Scotland, Ireland, hopefully somewhere english speaking but I'm up for learning a new language too. I hope this isn't just some lame pipe dream. Man this would be so cool. You only live once right, might as well get out there and LIVE IT

No comments:

Post a Comment