Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Books and Job Hunting


I like Urban fantasy and paranormal romance books. There I said it. I usually try to hide the fact that I read these since it sounds so cheesy. With the popularity of Twilight and numerous other paranormal movies and such, it's like a cool hipster kid thing to like this stuff. I am not a cool hipster kid. The upside to this is that due to the popularity there's definitely more books out now then there used to be. When I was younger the sci fi fantasy section was full of mostly masculine stuff and spacey stype books. I love all the strong female leads that the new UF/PR books have. Granted there are plenty of craptastic books out there, but the series I'm in love with are awesome. Which leads to why I'm writing about this. The new Cat and Bones books comes out in two months! I absolutely love the Night Huntress series, Cat and Bones are my favorite characters of all time. I can re read these books often and never be tired of them! I'm a newish redhead to so I secretly like to image myself as Cat. Okay well now that's not a secret. Oh well. Good thing no one reads this haha
In other news, job hunting is rough. I really wanted this one job as an office manager. They wanted accounting background, so I figured it would be great considering that's what I'm studying in school. I'd love to work in an office again, stay busy, help people. But I haven't heard back from them. And when I was waiting for my interview, the owner guy walked out a girl and showed her the office and back room. He didn't show me any of that stuff. I'll still keep my fingers crossed but I'm also still looking for other work. It's rough in this economy, there just isn't much out there! Makes me miss Bargain Network :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment